Coordinator Grain Operations
As the Coordinator Grain Operations, you will be responsible for supporting the VP of Area Merchandising and Grain Procurement along with the Director of Operations and Elevator Managers with the management of our grain elevator facilities in accordance to Providence Grains “Core values”. You will provide support, guidance and coaching to the leadership of the facilities in the areas of process improvements, safety initiatives, facility maintenance and assisting or leading the management of capital improvement projects that may arise.
Financial Budgeting & Planning
- Participate and assist in the development of annual R&M and capital budget
- Assist with PnL reviews focusing on expense control.
- Provide advice, analysis and assistance to the location in terms of operational excellence and asset utilization.
Assist the VP of Area Merchandising, Director of Operations and General Managers on:
- Development of a location preventative maintenance program
- Development and execution of location check lists (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Co-ordinate internal RM resources and the sites on needed repairs and maintenance projects
- Ensure all calibration procedures are followed
- Hands-on approach with regular site visits and reviews
- Ensure all operational logs are kept up to date
- Work with the safety coordinator on ensuring all safety compliance issues are followed up and executed in a timely fashion at the locations
- Coordinates on site contractors both internal and external
- 1st level reviews and approval of R&M and Capital expenditures
- Coverage for location Directors and Managers in their absence
- Assist with the training and development elevator leadership in your areas of expertise
- Interact with the elevator teams to help develop and meet strategies
- Other special projects as required by the VP of Area Merchandising or CEO
Support & Communication
- Be the locations first point of contact for facility related concerns
- Support each member of the team through communication and collaboration
- Model and support the Mission and Vision of the company
- Model and support the Core Values of the company
- Set goals and meet accountability
- Problem solving
- Work closely with the management team to develop and meet corporate strategy and objectives
- Min 10 years’ involvement in the operation of a grain elevator facility at a leadership level
- Diploma or degree in business, engineering, agriculture or certification in a related trade. Years’ experience within the industry will be considered
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to influence decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of government regulations
- Mechanical ability
- Key performance measurements will be determined with regular review and evaluation.
This position can provide flexibility in location and work schedule if desired. The position is well suited for someone who has had a long and successful career in grain elevator leadership and is now looking to pass on their skills and knowledge to others. The candidate will work closely with the VP of Area Merchandising, Location Directors and Managers in effect being their right-hand person.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered.
Providence Grain Solutions offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Resumes will be accepted by quoting Competition # M10010 from both Internal and external candidates.