Customer Service Rep – Grain Procurement
As the CSR you will be integral to the growth and success of the elevator business unit. You will ensure the effective and efficient service Providence Grain Solutions provides to meet the customer needs.
Based in Marengo, Sk, under the direction of the elevator location Director of Operations while working closely with the sales team, Area Merchants and elevator operations, you will you will perform a variety of tasks in the field of Grain Procurement. You will be accountable to develop a customer base within a geographical area and for achieving procurement targets both in volume and price as established through business planning and goal setting. You will provide exceptional service using safe and efficient work practices and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Manage a defined client base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales, financial and operating targets
- Pro-actively seek to become involved in the business process of targeted customers.
- Lead topics at sales meetings
- Determine potential marketing commitments that can be made to producers
- Maintain and analyze a data base/record of customer profiles
- Meet and exceed sales budgets
- Review customer accounts to ensure that payments are within approved credit policy, and perform collection functions as required
- Participate in market area promotional activities (meals in the field)
- Analyze current and future agricultural trends and service needs.
- Innovate and develop improved service capabilities
- Actively seek out and gain new customers
- Source Grain into various Providence Grain elevator locations
- Trouble shooting
- Support innovation in agriculture at the field level
- Assist elevator support staff with logistics and space planning as it relates to your procurement activities
- Lead and initiate sales calls with target growers
- Maintain strong customer relationships with current and potential future customers
- Help customers make farm production and marketing decisions.
- Conduct interactions with growers in a courteous manner
- Deep customer knowledge – acres, commodities to buy/sell, selling and purchasing patterns.
- Consistently strive to keep industry knowledge of agronomy practices current and promote and implement these practices with growers
- Plan for future growth
- Continual improvement
- Participate in product forecasting and budget development
Support and Communication
- Support each member of the team through communication and collaboration
- Model and support the Mission and Vision of the company
- Model and support the shared values of the company
- Set goals and meet accountability
- Interact with the management team re: workload and problem areas
- Work closely with the management team to develop and meet corporate strategy and objectives
- Agricultural industry experience
- Must enjoy customer interactions and selling
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- General knowledge of accounting process and ability to reconcile information.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and independently.
- Possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Requires computer aptitude for database management, general word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Willingness to take on additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Minimum 2 years post-secondary or Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, marketing, agricultural economics, or logistics.