Director of Operations - Marengo
Based in Marengo, SK reporting to the VP of Operations you will collaborate and work to develop and carry out plans for the successful achievement of meeting goals and objectives at the Marengo grain elevator location; taking ownership and running this location as a business on behalf of PGG
As the Director of Operations, you will be accountable for the management and daily operations within your grain operation location. Under the guidance of the VP of Operations, you will lead and oversee the daily operations of the facility, to serve our customers, prevent incidents, reduce costs, improve efficiencies and be responsible for quality control of the grain inventory.
This is accomplished by leading and engaging the grain elevator operations team to achieve goals and by creating and implementing an organized approach to execute on planned activities. You will assist in the timely grading of on-farm samples, the grading of deliveries, and weekly inventory reporting. You will take ownership of the annual facility budgeting and planning and you will have P&L responsibility. You will ensure that 99.5% of grain shipments unload as export ready and have keen knowledge of the grain handling and the agriculture industry.
- 5-7 years’ involvement in the operation of a grain elevator facility
- Diploma or degree in business, agriculture or certification in a related trade
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to influence decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Evaluation of employees
- Customer service including creating value for the customer.
- Ability to administer and manage an effective and proactive EHS program
- Knowledge of government regulations
- Inventory/space logistics management skills
- Mechanical ability
- Basic marketing or merchandising knowledge
- Basic grain grading
Key performance measurements will be determined with regular review and evaluation. Providence Grain offers a challenging and supportive work environment, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation and benefits and an employee share purchase plan.