Elevator Administrative Assistant – Summer Student/ Temporary Contract
Located in Winnipeg, MB the Elevator Administrative Assistant provides administrative and customer support to the elevator location and includes logistical support for commodity shipments by truck and rail including organic’s.
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely execution of efficient frontline administration support. The individual in this position maintains a computer database of information should have a general knowledge of accounting procedures, generating reports, troubleshooting to resolve issues, and providing customer service to producers and customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Tracking of organic certification – producer and customer
- Documentation preparation for US shipments
- Entering grain receipts and processing settlements
- Ensure customer correspondence is executed on time
- Entering grain shipments/unloads (truck & rail)
- Track organic cleaning loads and rejected loads
- Enter trans load information for invoicing
- Administration/documentation for PCS
- Reception responsibilities; Answer telephones, direct calls, take messages order office supplies, receiving and distribution of mail and couriers
- Assist with marketing initiatives
- AR responsibilities
- Assisting with company marketing
- Time sheet preparation for payroll
- Work closely, communicate and provide back up for other administrative staff to ensure the effectiveness of the operations team.
- Provide assistance to customers in resolving commodity, freight, accounting, and other issues.
- All other functions necessary to maintain elevator office and logistical functions
- General knowledge of accounting process and ability to reconcile information
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Telephone skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization and with external customers
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and independently
- Possess excellent follow-up skills
- Requires computer aptitude for database management, general word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Willingness to take on additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- Knowledge of the Grain Industry and some experience would be an asset but not necessary
Providence Grain offers a challenging and supportive work environment, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation. Interested applicants can apply by submitting a cover letter and resume below. Only those individuals selected will be contacted.