Maintenance Worker & Operator (Marengo, SK)
Providence Grain Group is currently searching for a Permanent Full-Time Maintenance Operator to join our team in Marengo, SK. Position is located: Railway Avenue, Marengo, SK S0L 2K0
If you are applying outside of Marengo/ Kindersley area, please state the reason for relocation in your cover letter. Thank you!
Maintenance Worker & Operator is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and installing machines, tools, equipment, and facilities integral to the grain manufacturing process.
- Assist in processing grain by drying and cleaning and assist in receiving, shipping and moving of grain commodities internally and by both rail and truck.
- Maintain and manage all production, safety, and facilities equipment according to a maintenance schedule.
- Anticipate, prevent, and minimize equipment failure and down-time.
- Perform minor repairs and upgrades of facilities, including building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues, identify inefficiencies, and suggests improvement to processes that best utilize equipment capability.
- Perform any other maintenance duties as required.
- This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, day shift. Overtime may be required during busy season, including starting early, staying late, and or working weekends.
- Minimum of 2 years of equipment maintenance experience.
Robust knowledge of various mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and equipment.
Excellent mechanical and repair skills.
Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds and perform physical tasks required for large equipment maintenance.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with speed, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Has a conscientious and cooperative team player attitude.
Has ability to read blueprints, electrical diagrams, manuals, and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Self-starter with strong documentation, organizational, and time-management skills.
Excellent diagnostic, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Medical/ dental benefits
- Profit sharing plan
- Career development opportunities
- Casual, but professional environment
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org