Truck Logistics Coordinator/ Grain Administrator - Fort Saskatchewan
Located in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, the Truck Logistics Coordinator/ Grain Administrator provides administrative and customer support for trucking of domestic grain commodities and the Grain Administration team and may occasionally assist others.
This position is responsible for the timely movement of product to meet contract commitments, and for the accurate and timely execution of the entire purchase and sales contract process from entry to final settlement and setting up all domestic truck movement out of Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The individual in this position maintains a computer database of information should have a general knowledge of accounting procedures, is responsible for troubleshooting to resolve issues, and providing customer service to truck drivers, buyers and sellers.
Essential Job Functions
- With direct reporting to the VP of Planning and consolidated Services.
- Provide logistical support for commodity shipments by truck. Will include negotiating freight rates, scheduling of trucks, troubleshooting delivery issues, processing unload information, payment of freight invoices.
- Creating and maintaining shipping plans against contractual requirements
- Provide assistance to customers in resolving commodity, freight, accounting, and other issues.
- Process transactions for purchase and sales for grain and oilseed commodities
- Maintain and update vendor and customer files
- Generate sales invoices and settlement checks on a daily basis. Review and assist in the collection of accounts receivable as needed.
Grain Administration Support
- Provide accurate data entry for railcar unloads, uploading containers and CMO’s
- Assist with the creation of export documentation
- Verify accuracy of export documentation
- All other duties a may be deemed by your manager.
- General knowledge of accounting process and ability to reconcile information.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization and with external customers and truck driver
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and independently.
- Possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Requires computer aptitude for database management, general word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Willingness to take on additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Willingness to back up other Merchant Assistants for holiday relief.
Key performance measurements will be determined with regular review and evaluation. Providence Grain offers a challenging and supportive work environment, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation and benefits and an employee share purchase plan. Please submit your resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.